понедельник, 26 декабря 2011 г.

The Emperor Alexander - Count Rostopchin


The Emperor Alexander - Count Rostopchin
Vilnius, May 24, 1812
The need to keep some decency in relation to field marshal, and held only Your appointment he succeeded. I expressed to him the wish that he had come to Petersburg to sit on the Council. He replied that he was too old and feeble, and asked to dismiss his resignation. To which I expressed my agreement, and your appointment immediately. I rely on you and completely convinced that you will justify my confidence.
I saw your son today, he is very handsome young man, and promises, seems to be a good servant of the country.
Turning now to a subject that requires all your modesty, as in this case, compliance with the greatest secrecy. Some time ago I was sent a very skilled mechanic, with the invention, which can have important consequences. In France, various attempts were made to obtain discovery, to which, apparently, was to attack this man. In any case, in order to ensure that, should they make all the proposed experiments, most certainly deserves it.Since this person had to be sent to Moscow, hoping that it works on absolutely no one knew I did not want to lead this business through a field marshal, fearing that the doctor did not immediately visit about it. For this reason I posted all that is necessary to the governor Obreskovu. Now I write to him that since your appointment is no more reason to observe secrecy in relation to the Governor-General, I ordain him to bring you all the papers relating to this matter, which are in his hands. From these papers you will find everything in detail in order not to devote the case of a third party, I wish you were this matter by means of Obreskova who already know everything. I also require that the named person does not appear in your home and that you saw him in a more secluded place.
I assign it to your attention, I beg you to give him some leniency and do everything in your power to relieve him of his work performance and eliminate obstacles that might arise. Courier, who will hand you this letter, carried with him seven workers who had come after a mechanic. He was ordered to leave them outside the city, until now, agreeing with everything Obreskovym and examined the paper, you do not specify it, where he will take them.
Yours truly Alexander.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий